RC Circuit

SteveYTI

Joined Feb 9, 2004
Some, I have decided to go to a CMOS chip instead of ttl since im in the analog world here I need some looser constraints. I have also revamped my output circuit. Where once stood a resister - capacitor network into a 3904 transistor... now stands a diode followed by a network of resistors a capacitor and transistor with a collector based feed back as to help keep my circuit steady. Once i draw it I will send it for some feed back. This new development was hinted at by my superior and i worked with him. I understand the fundamentals but the numbers are always cloudy to me. Let me know how i can get the drawing to you when I have it finished..

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Good stuff. I agree its better to stick with what you know.

now stands a diode followed by a network of resistors a capacitor and transistor with a collector based feed back as to help keep my circuit steady.

Sounds like a homemade Op Amp :D

Its up to you how you wish to send it, I can forward you my e-mail by PM, or you could upload the drawing and tell me where to find it.

Btw, I can recommend you have a look at this software that Battousai found, it can be found here. Its free and looks to be very good. I downloaded it so I draw circuits and attempt to simulate them (something which is alluding me at the moment!!), but I have noticed that there is a very good educational part where they show you common circuit designs and explain the functioning of these circuits, including the relevant Maths. You can also simulate these circuits to learn more about how they work. If you feel you Maths is a little cloudy have a gander at it, its the top package "LTspice/SwitcherCAD III (4MB)"

SteveYTI

Joined Feb 9, 2004
I will definitely check it out. thanks for the info, ill let you know where you can download it in a day or two when my parts come in..thanks again!!

SteveYTI

Joined Feb 9, 2004
I have had a bit of trouble with the delay of the output. I am using cmos based logic chips now as I can use VCC (5V) as my logic input values. What I want to do is delay my output. For instance when it is time to turn on a relay I want to wait about 8-10 seconds before it fires. I experimented with a 555 timer briefly before having to hold that project as there was a work queue that needed to be addressed. I hope to return to this project in a week or so. I believe that part of my problem stems from not using active low as the basis for my circuit design. I am thinking that I am sinking current which is not compatable with my output analog circuitry. This is just a guess and I plan to invert my logic and see if I can indeed make a difference in the output of my 555 timer. If there is any suggestions on a simple method to induce a 10 second delay on a hardware level boy I would welcome suggestions!! This is the update and btw once the delay is completed, voltage is divided and a transistor 3904 is used to bring neutral to the coil of a relay.