RC CAR Blown transistor

stanman11

Joined Nov 23, 2010
I have a vintage rc car and a nut fell off for the heat sink cause the transistor to burn out. I'm not sure if its all 4 or just the one
Theres 2 black and 2 green. I used a red light to focus the camera and you can see the bottom of the Green transistor looks toasty
I found 2sc3420 and its over 8 bucks for 1

Black:
T Y
C3420

Green
T Y

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
The second one could be a 2SA1357. You didn't ask any question, do you want to find a replacement?

edit: sgt was faster. again. :)

stanman11

Joined Nov 23, 2010
I think your both right, its an "A" must be
i found the parts but 6 bucks for shipping on a 1 dollar part i might just trash this thing if i need all 4

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
Futurelec gives me $2,70 for the parts and $4 for shipping, to Canada, maybe it's cheaper in the US?

So total for 4 transistors would be $6,70 for me.

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
That site says 60 for ech part but says nothing about shipping and I cant click on anything lol
See the two pictures, you click on ORDER which brings you to the next screen. If you want to order more you need to go back select the next item and click again on ORDER.

Then you click on "new customer".

Then put in your address and click ENTER. Brings you to the checkout site indicating shipping costs , there are several options. I didn't go further.

Attachments

stanman11

Joined Nov 23, 2010
When I click order, it stays on the same page. then if i click the cart it will show up in the cart and then I can do new customer.

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
I think i'm going to have to find an alternative transistor.
That's why I asked what your local supplier/electronics store is. If $4 shipping cost is too much you'll need to buy one in a store, right. Either they have an online catalog or you would have to find a transistor with similar characteristics and see if they have them.. IMO it's easier to find out if they have catalog first look through it, and then look for a transistor that you could use.

stanman11

Joined Nov 23, 2010
we have a radioshack, And its really a shack lol. They have a small wasll with diodes and stuff but not much of anything really