Rankings For Engineering Fields

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
"Marine" means "wet & salty" in American English, just as it does in the Queen's English. He has a few t-shirts which read "Marine Engineering: Our Mistakes Dissapear." According to Boeing, an engineer is an engineer is an engineer - so they pay him to design airplanes.:rolleyes: Airplanes float, don't they?:cool:

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
"Marine" means "wet & salty" in American English, just as it does in the Queen's English. He has a few t-shirts which read "Marine Engineering: Our Mistakes Dissapear." According to Boeing, an engineer is an engineer is an engineer - so they pay him to design airplanes.:rolleyes: Airplanes float, don't they?:cool:
The Spruce Goose did! :p

Marine and aeroplanes don't mix in English English - now where is "The English Language" thread...

Dave

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
My source,my son a marine say's Marine pilot's fly off of Aircraft
carrier's and Navy pilot's fly off carrier's. Air force pilot's fly from
ground base's. At time's all could be involved from a fueling
need. You know they can refuel in midair.I'm sure other's member's
will add to your post. You can be sure during training all pilot's
fly from base's and carrier's. Loosewire

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Built by Howard Hughes,owner of Hughes Aircraft. Hughes had Air
Force contract's,they had a disagreement and he gave up all Air
Force contract's. He later went into seclusion until his death.
I sure you have heard of stem cell research. The Howard huges
institute in Washington D.C. is where all his money was put in
trust, about Five Billion dollar's for all type's of medical research.
Private money can do all the stem's cell they want.The government
money is tied to politic's ,if you read the new's you would think very
little is being researched with stem cell's .Source (60-miniute's-C.B.S.)

P.S.-Howard huge's flew the Spruce Goose once a few thousand
feet himself. LOOSEWIRE

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I wonder what would have come of it if the investors in his endeavours had stuck it out.

Dave
Nothing.

The airplane was built mostly of wood because Hughes could not get the aluminum he needed. Some people attribute that to politics. By the time it was built and flyable, technology and the availability of aluminum had passed it by. Now, if you are into the history of innovative aircraft design, the YB-series "flying wings" from Northrop is a sad story. How the B-36 could be chosen over that is a mystery. John

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
Now, if you are into the history of innovative aircraft design, the YB-series "flying wings" from Northrop is a sad story. How the B-36 could be chosen over that is a mystery. John
Maybe due to politics and favours under the table. That is the think I mostly disgust besides software patent attourneys.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
The Air Farce was nice enough to let Jack Northrup see the B-2 fly before he died. I'm unsure they gave him any official credit for the design.

Give credit where it is due - the B-36 was not much as a bomber, but did do well as a high altitude photorecon aircraft. The Russian SA-2 missile was built to shoot them down, as they could fly above the service ceiling of MiG-15's.