Rain sensor for car windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger555

Joined Feb 6, 2011
Hello everyone! My first post here but I've been reading and poking around for while.

I am trying to add a unique function to my car and would really like some help with a circuit. I am trying to use a rain sensor to automatically roll my windows up when my car is parked with the windows cracked.

I already have the rain sensor (Raintracker RT-50A) and my car has "comfort closure" which means If I can send my lock wire a a double pulse & hold signal for 10 seconds and all my windows will close.

So basically I would like to take a 12V signal from my rain sensor and turn it into a double pulse & latch for 10 seconds. However I need the circuit to shut down after it finishes this cycle and reset only when I enter my car again for example. So its not constantly triggering my windows during a rain storm.

Circuit wise i'm very comfortable with relays (never actually used a latched relay or a timed relay though). I also am just diving into MOSFETS P & N channel. Also a few 555 timer projects!

Any Idea would be greatly appreciated!

Joined Nov 30, 2010
The word, "car" is poison on this site. Not allowed to discuss this. "Terms of Service" and all that. Sorry.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Very true -
6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered "off-topic" at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.