Question about XC8 and setting it as compiler

hunterage2000

Joined May 2, 2010
Hi,

I am trying to select xc8 as my compiler on MPLABX but in the compiler toolchain it is shown as none found (see attached). I tried going into project properties to see if anything might add it but I can't see anything. I have the xc8 folder in the Microchip folder but can't see a way of making MPLABX recognise it.

Any ideas?

Attachments

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Normally I have always installed MPLABX then the C compilers.

They dont need to be in the MPLABX folder in fact try to install by defaults.

Also you may need to check the plugins though XC support should be installed by default.
Which version of MPLABX? Latest?

hunterage2000

Joined May 2, 2010
Yeah usually I check all 4 boxes when installing but I'm at work and can't install it so I have put the whole Microchip folder on a USB stick and just opened MPLABX from there.

I have been using an old version 2.20 as the newest software kept on crashing and closing down.

hunterage2000

Joined May 2, 2010
All this is fine on my pc at home but as I'm not allowed to install software on my work laptop I thought I could just put all of Microchip folder on usb and run it from that. MPLAB does open and runs as normal but without recognising xc8.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Can you get someone at work to do the installs, or get permission to install these programs. I don't think it is going to work properly without being installed.