Question about VNA

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
So, I got an advertisement from Picoscope, they are producing "extremely cheap but good" frequency analyzer/spectrometer (6000 USD).
Today I am using for that aim a) Hack-RF-001 b) nano-VNA c) GQ-390 d) N1201. Whole them together cost less than 300. So, what the real I may expect to get better for those 6K coins??? What the stand-alone spectra analyzer gives more than bunch of small Chinese wunderbars. I have to understand, is it worth to have it for workplace lab or not very much.

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
And it comes with a good cal kit. open, short, 50 ohms
Beyond that I got one also because it give you experience in testing different things.
1616186631587.png

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
So, Your agument is that 6000 USD instrument have more accurate calibrator kit in comparizon with 30 USD instrument?? Actually, I have intercalibrated my kit toward Rhode&Scwartz middle-price instrument and have no detected any larger than +/- 0.5% deviation. So, or I am just lucky born or all the calibrators - American, russian, German and French are clapped up truly in the same one factory somewhere no much far from the Hong-Kong. Real difference is in the circuitry of device, but seems none of You have to say something about it, sad.

Last edited: