*****Question about MOSFET choice for circuit involving 16V cells @5Amps continuous****

artmaster547

Joined Jan 6, 2016
Hi all
With this thread I have included an image of the circuit I am trying to create/ammend basically with this new circuit the cells will be around 16V I wish to choose a mosfet to replace the current Mosfet that will be able to handle the higher voltages and currents (5A), I wish for it to be able to run continuously at 5A. Any pointers would be appreciated.
Kind Regards
Jonathan

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Image?
Just find a MOSFET rated to at least 15A and 20V or more, assuming that exceeds the peak voltage that it may see. Look for a low Rds-on, and be sure the gate voltage in your circuit is enough to fully turn on the MOSFET.

artmaster547

Joined Jan 6, 2016
Image?
Just find a MOSFET rated to at least 15A and 20V or more, assuming that exceeds the peak voltage that it may see. Look for a low Rds-on, and be sure the gate voltage in your circuit is enough to fully turn on the MOSFET.
oh sorry the image is very low quality let me take it again, do I also have to consider the Pd?

artmaster547

Joined Jan 6, 2016
? That device is 2 complementary MOSFETs in the same IC, and neither meets the current spec. Are you needing an N or P type, and what sort of load are you switching? The switching frequency is very low, right?

And what is your gate voltage? Your schematic is confusing me.
Nvm I found one that I believe to be suitable I posted the completely wrong MOSFET the following is the one that I am using now:
http://www.infineon.com/cms/en/prod...ype=5546d462533600a401533d2eeeea0201#ispnTab1