Alarm clock -- Question about a circuit?

Hihowareyou

Joined Jul 1, 2024
I bought this alarm clock from aliexpress, i want to reprogram it and modify it.
i am a CS student but i have no idea about electronics.
I understood that in order to connect the circuit to a PC i need to find connectors such as TX, RX, GND, VCC, SWD, SCK, MISO, MOSI, or RESET, i can find only GND.
How do i proceed? Is there a way to directly program it from the UsbC port?

Attachments

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Welcome to AAC!

For starters, post a thread title that identifies the device and the problem you need to solve.
Secondly, you can provide us with a link to where you purchased the clock so that we can obtain more information.

(Consider All About Circuits as a community or club of electronics enthusiasts who like to share ideas and help each other. Your screen name, subject title and first post tells us a lot about you. Is this how you want to be remembered when you join this site or any public forum?)

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!
I bought this alarm clock from aliexpress, i want to reprogram it and modify it.
The first thing you need to do is identify the microcontroller being used. Then determine whether someone has already made a disassembler for that device. If one exists, or you can make one, you'll likely have to remove the device from the board to reprogram it. That's assuming it isn't a masked ROM device which can't be altered.

Hihowareyou

Joined Jul 1, 2024
i see tgere are 3 microcontrollers
TM1652 which I understood that is for processing the LED lighting
An LTK51028 which is for audio processing
And anither onw which i assume is the cpu it has a pi symbol and BP1R619-46C4 can it be the microprocessor that i need to try to program?

Hihowareyou

Joined Jul 1, 2024
Hello, i have bought an alarm clock from aliexpress and i want to modify its functionality.
I found out that its CPU is a JieLi processor model
BP1R619-56C4 i cant find out anything about it, and i dont know how to proceed.
I want to reprogram it. Here is a picture of the chip

Attachments

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You almost certainly can't. If this is a high-volume part, the the processor is likely mask-programmed from the semiconductor fab house. For lower volumes, it is likely OTP (one-time programmable). There are other options available to prevent users from modifying the code. So unless this alarm clock is specifically intended to be updated remotely, you are stuck with what is there.

Now, you could remove the MCU and replace it with one of your own. That may or may not be feasible, depending on the board layout, your tools, and your skill.

Assuming that you can do this, you need to fully understand the existing functionality, in terms of how it is implemented within the MCU, in order to modify it. Or, alternatively, understand the entire rest of the circuit in order to craft code from scratch the makes it do what you want it to.

Unless this is really, really something you want to invest some significant time and resources on for the challenge, I'd recommend scrapping the notion and making your own MCU-controlled clock.