Pwm am transmitter design

Joao Goncalves 1

Joined Feb 17, 2019
Hello friends. I am thinking about building a transmitter like the one in the ( irfp450 final, 100v ) schematic. I have a 1kw, 63v power supply.
I think it would suit this schematic, using a 1.2kw step up converter, to boost up to 100v, or maybe modify the design a bit, to work with lower voltage mosfets, ( like in the irf640 push pull pa schematic ), maybe. I tried to simulate simple audio amps, to modulate the pa in class e ( like the in the irf640pa schematic with the 3 2n3055 ), but ltspice does not simulate it correctly, ( it seems to me ). I would like to know your opinion, if this is a good design, and do you think it should work properly, with 100% modulation. Any opinions, or suggestions are welcome.

many thanks in advance,

joao g.

Attachments

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
Hello friends. I am thinking about building a transmitter like the one in the ( irfp450 final, 100v ) schematic. I have a 1kw, 63v power supply.
I think it would suit this schematic, using a 1.2kw step up converter, to boost up to 100v, or maybe modify the design a bit, to work with lower voltage mosfets, ( like in the irf640 push pull pa schematic ), maybe. I tried to simulate simple audio amps, to modulate the pa in class e ( like the in the irf640pa schematic with the 3 2n3055 ), but ltspice does not simulate it correctly, ( it seems to me ). I would like to know your opinion, if this is a good design, and do you think it should work properly, with 100% modulation. Any opinions, or suggestions are welcome.

many thanks in advance,

joao g.
where do you go to get a licence to broadcast on that frequency ?

Joao Goncalves 1

Joined Feb 17, 2019
hello andrew. i am a radio amateur. i have previously built a linear also, for my qrp rigs, i also posted here for some help.
i would use it on 40m and 80m am nets.