Putty error (SSH) - DISPLAY NOT DEFINED

Luiz Fernando Vieira

Joined Aug 24, 2015
Hello everyone, I'm having trouble doing remote access because the following message '' 'DISPLAY <NOT DEFINED' '' appears, since I have installed Xming.

Attachments

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
2- I'm using win to access another linux PC
I've used PuTTy from WinXP and Win10 to access Linux computers and have never had to set the DISPLAY environment variable.

I find it more convenient to use VNC Viewer to connect to a VNC server session on the Linux computers. I only use PuTTy if vncserver isn't running.

Luiz Fernando Vieira

Joined Aug 24, 2015
I've used PuTTy from WinXP and Win10 to access Linux computers and have never had to set the DISPLAY environment variable.

I find it more convenient to use VNC Viewer to connect to a VNC server session on the Linux computers. I only use PuTTy if vncserver isn't running.
I apologize for the redundancy. Thanks, I did it knowing it wouldn't work. In my case it will not work, because PC is not a caretaker, I am doing college projects with software called CADENCE that is located in the college itself. I was accessing normally using software called OPEN NX, for some reason it stopped working. I restored my PC (I formatted it), because OPEN NX did not work, check from my colleagues that it works, but the strange thing that when installing the same software on another PC does not work, even my colleague installing another PC from him, OPEN NX does not work. I am trying to use other remote accesses to finish my job.

Look: https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/opennx-error-ssh-remote-access.169588/