Push button selector with no MCU

tomerbr

Joined Oct 16, 2017
Hi,

I need to design a circuit that with one push button I can toggle between 3 or 4 outputs.
It is very easy to do so with an MCU but I prefer to do it without, using discrete components, latch and/or 555 timers.

I know how to toggle between two outputs, using a soft latch circuit but I cannot figure out if it is possible to enhance this to toggle between more.

It should look something like this:

push button output
1 1
0 1
1 2
0 2
1 3
0 3
1 4
0 4

Any ideas will be appreciated.
Thanks

rw4636

Joined Jan 28, 2019
Hi,

I need to design a circuit that with one push button I can toggle between 3 or 4 outputs.
It is very easy to do so with an MCU but I prefer to do it without, using discrete components, latch and/or 555 timers.

I know how to toggle between two outputs, using a soft latch circuit but I cannot figure out if it is possible to enhance this to toggle between more.

It should look something like this:

push button output
1 1
0 1
1 2
0 2
1 3
0 3
1 4
0 4

Any ideas will be appreciated.
Thanks
Go old school, use a series of multi-pole, single through relays. Along with a few cap's and resistors... you are working. :)

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
If you ever needed 16, 23...., 32 or 64 version PM me, easy solution for doing that. One chip.

Note, do not tie large value caps directly to cmos input pins. This is because a collapse of the
power supply has the cap discharging thru protection diodes on CMOS input, and excessive
current can flow. Insert a R, say 1k, between cap and CMOS input to limit that current.

Regards, Dana.