Pt4115 LED DRİVER

Sergen Erbay

Joined Dec 19, 2019
I want to provide DİM with LM555 for Pt4115.I built the curciut.Firstly I tried part LM555,
it worked smoothly but
when the circuit pt4115,
leds started burning constant and
started to pull 5 volts of the circuit
What's poblem

Attachments

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Welcome to AAC.

It's not clear how the output of the 555 (presumably pin 3) is attached to the DIM pin of the PT4115. You also seem to have the capacitor charging/timing circuit of the 555 attached to something other than the supply voltage for the 555.

Can you clean up that schematic a bit? When more than 2 lines connect, there should be a dot. When they cross without connecting, there is no dot.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
D4,5,9,10 can be omitted, your output on 555 should be going to the dim pin not the sw pin, zener D1 should be on the sw pin..

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Welcome to AAC.

It's not clear how the output of the 555 (presumably pin 3) is attached to the DIM pin of the PT4115. You also seem to have the capacitor charging/timing circuit of the 555 attached to something other than the supply voltage for the 555.

Can you clean up that schematic a bit? When more than 2 lines connect, there should be a dot. When they cross without connecting, there is no dot.
The drawing is a wiring diagram, NOT a circuit schematic, and this it is indeed rather hard to follow.And while I may guess that the PT4115 is some sort of LED driver device I am not going to do a search to see how it should work. Also it is a wise choice to state what the circuit is intended to do.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
The drawing is a wiring diagram, NOT a circuit schematic, and this it is indeed rather hard to follow.And while I may guess that the PT4115 is some sort of LED driver device I am not going to do a search to see how it should work. Also it is a wise choice to state what the circuit is intended to do.
Looks like a schematic to me. What about the attached pdf makes it a "wiring diagram" instead?

Since you seem to be so pressed for time, here's a link to the datasheet for the LED driver: https://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/thinkpad/PT4115E.pdf Maybe now you can help the TS.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Looks like a schematic to me. What about the attached pdf makes it a "wiring diagram" instead?

Since you seem to be so pressed for time, here's a link to the datasheet for the LED driver: https://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/thinkpad/PT4115E.pdf Maybe now you can help the TS.
A circuit schematic shows the elements as functions, not as blocks. A schematic conveys information as to what the system does, rather than serving only as a roadmap of how to build it.