Pspise error

raham

Joined Aug 18, 2008
Dear All
I'm trying to simulate a circuit in pspice but it gives such an error like "Less than 2 connections at node N00043", i have attached the circuit for you to look at, could you please let me know where my problem is??

regards,

Attachments

kdillinger

Joined Jul 26, 2009
I have seen the same (visual) error. I have received this type of error when the components being placed in the schematic entry do not have a PSpice model associated with it.
When you are selecting components using the library there should be a symbol meaning it has a PSpice model. There is another symbol that means it has a footprint as well.
I would upload screen shots, but PSpice is loaded on my work comp.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
You have wires attached to pins 1 and 5 of the 741 opamp, but nothing attached to the wires.

In SPICE simulations, everything must have a path to ground.

R3 and R4 are not necessary. In SPICE, the power supply is perfect, and thus unlimited.

raham

Joined Aug 18, 2008
You have wires attached to pins 1 and 5 of the 741 opamp, but nothing attached to the wires.

In SPICE simulations, everything must have a path to ground.

R3 and R4 are not necessary. In SPICE, the power supply is perfect, and thus unlimited.
i fixed them but still same error!!

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Is there a connector in pSpice that allows you to connect lines?

I know there is one in TINA, as I use it all the time.

Can you view the nodes so you can pinpoint the exact cause of the problem?

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Attach your simulation file. You may have to .zip it up, or rename it to have a .txt extension. If you rename it, be sure to state what the original extension was.

raham

Joined Aug 18, 2008
Attach your simulation file. You may have to .zip it up, or rename it to have a .txt extension. If you rename it, be sure to state what the original extension was.
this is the file, please find the relevant circuit its called new_741

Attachments

raham

Joined Aug 18, 2008
Is there a connector in pSpice that allows you to connect lines?

I know there is one in TINA, as I use it all the time.

Can you view the nodes so you can pinpoint the exact cause of the problem?
i don't now!! I'm using this software for first time!! i used to use LTSpice

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I don't know where you got the UA741 model, but when I changed it out with the uA741 from the library, connected the batteries directly and everything worked fine.

I changed the uA741 because there was an error ignoring the component.

I used pSpice 9.1

Attached are the pSpice files.

Attachments

raham

Joined Aug 18, 2008
I don't know where you got the UA741 model, but when I changed it out with the uA741 from the library, connected the batteries directly and everything worked fine.

I changed the uA741 because there was an error ignoring the component.

I used pSpice 9.1

Attached are the pSpice files.
but i can not open it, i'm using orcad to open it

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I went back and looked at your schematic again. Open your old file and replace the UA741 with the uA741/eval from the library.

It appears the +V and -V labels made the connection to the device.

When I clicked on the two green donuts on your diagram, one was by the signal generator and the other by the UA741 ... the one by the signal generator said you didn't specify a frequency (but you did) and the other said there wasn't a template for the device (which is why I changed it).

pSpice is orcad. You would have to unzip the files before attempting to open them.