PS2 CONTROLLER

beatsal

Joined Jan 21, 2018
My PS2 Controller has a select, start and mode button. Not sure what the select button does as also the mode button. Is mode button for analog/digital selection? It does not seem to have 2 positions. Kindly help.

Marc Sugrue

Joined Jan 19, 2018
From memory the Mode button used to allow changing to Analog Mode (thumb sticks) as opposed to the 4 directional control buttons. If i remember correctly some games would allow this to be pressed and a little RED light would come on on the controller as confirmation. It rarely got used though on any of my games as i think the PS2 initialised the mode it required. This was more for user selection on some select games i think.

Marc Sugrue

Joined Jan 19, 2018
Again it wasn't always used from memory, used to be used on menus etc.. Like all things software if its not programmed to be used it does nothing.

Marc Sugrue

Joined Jan 19, 2018
Dual Shock 2 was the PS2 one i refer too. The button shown as 'analog' was also identified as 'mode'. Dual Shock 3 was with PS3. I also Dual Shock 1 controllers but i'm pretty sure they were from my PS1, in fact they also worked on PS2