provide downloads in ebook format

Don23

Joined Feb 22, 2011
I have taken the trouble of downloading PDFs from the AllAboutCircuits website and saving them as html using Adobe Acrobat. Doing so enables me to create a kindle ebook version using the Calibre software package. However, the conversion is pretty bad, presumably because the PDF itself is not the best source to work with. The PDF conversion almost works, but many words are run together, with all the spaces missing, so it's hard to interpret the text. The PDF I download is unlocked so I assume this kind of conversion is acceptable to the authors.

Would it be possible to provide the same content of the PDF in some other format that would convert easier. Any ebook version of the content would be acceptable, so long as I could access it to convert it into the kindle format.

Don23

Joined Feb 22, 2011
The PDF in the corner is the source PDF I am having a problem converting. The other link you provide takes me to a a lot of "little html" pages that would have to be converted one at a time. The PDF for Digital Electronics, for example, is a 500+ page long PDF. If I could get a clean conversion, I could put the entire thing, in readable ebook format, on a kindle reader (or any other reader) in one go.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Just for fun I tried downloading Volume I in PDF format. It was browser PDF format when I saved it to my desktop, but it was a true PDF file, and pulled up as as a PDF file when I reloaded it. Since it works for me the next question is what is your OS and your browser.

Each volume is a large book, that is how it is organized.

The other link is nothing but PDF format. In both PDF formats (both links) there are true page numbers and an index, something the HTML format does not have.

Last edited: