Proteus 8

RodneyB

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I hope this is the right forum to post my question. If not advice where to will be appreciated.

Having recently up graded from CADPACK which I have been using for 10 years I was blown away by the power of this package.

I have managed to create one schematic and then a PCB which was most impressive.

Am now trying another on and I get an error message that I can not work out how to solve.

Having done the schematic I now want to produce a PCB.

When I tray to place a component on the board I get an error "Editing operations are disabled because the layout is locked"

Not for the life of me can I find out how to unlock the layout.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

mitko89

Joined Sep 20, 2012
Did you check if you have locked components?
To find all locked objects on the PCB
1. Tag the entire board (right click and drag a box) and then attempt a block operation.
2. From the resulting dialogue box select the option to tag only the locked objects on the board.
then:
Edit the object by right clicking to highlight and then selecting Edit Properties from the context menu to launch the resulting dialogue form. Note that for components you must click on the component outline – if you click on a component pad you will get the Edit Pad dialogue form instead. Check the box at the bottom of the dialogue as shown below to lock the object.

RodneyB

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Thank you very much for the advice. I am also trying to unsuccessfully I might add find out how to change the default trace style. Any advice will be great thank you