Properly wiring this motor

prodrumernate

Joined Feb 12, 2020
i have searched to find a diagram or anything to wire this motor. i just got the starting capacitor it specifies on the data plate.but i dont want to risk ruining the motor.anyone can guide me into correctly wiring this? the images i post with this has the info.

i did search using the model number as well as variations and canr find anything on it.even on emerson website.it does work when i connect the wires as normal and to the other windings.they do run when i start it by hand except the white and blue.they seem to actually slow down and then just hum..i assume white is common and blue is the start wire but im sure im wrong and dont want to ruin this motor.

Attachments

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
That is a blower motor from an external unit HVAC.
The best way to find the wiring is by downloading/looking at the unit model documentation; widely available on the web. The sticker of the outside unit provides the search number if not the diagram.
Similar to time stamp 1:40 at ---->

Example for schematic ---->

prodrumernate

Joined Feb 12, 2020
That is a blower motor from an external unit HVAC.
The best way to find the wiring is by downloading/looking at the unit model documentation; widely available on the web. The sticker of the outside unit provides the search number if not the diagram.
Similar to time stamp 1:40 at ---->

Example for schematic ---->
i have searched online using the model number and all that on the data plate.i can only find it for sale and no documentation even on emerson website.i spent a few days searching before posting here.there is no cat. number so i cant look up by that..the diagram is not on the data plate as in pictures above.thats all the info on this i have.i have messed with these styles of hvac motors before but i dont remember the wiring especially color coding on this unit.this will be setup for a work fan.

i seen a lot of info with brown wire but mine doesnt have that.also red that yellow can be common as well as white.im down to pretty much decyfering the wires and coils on here but would be a lot easier with a diagram equal to this to make sure i dont ruin anything.

i will watch the videos and learn more about the wiring and see if i can get it up and going..thank you :D

prodrumernate

Joined Feb 12, 2020
after watching the videos and going back to a diagram i had found a week ago.i was able to determine what the wiring is for this fan.white being the common and blue being the start wire..im sure black is high speed with yellow and red being the medium and lower speed.ill be getting a fan control swith and wire all 3 speeds together.

again thank you :D

Attachments

prodrumernate

Joined Feb 12, 2020
unfortunately i got this from a recycle yard.i needed a good fan for work as during the summer it gets 110 + F..i decided to grab it when i was looking for scrap steel.