Projector Specification?

biferi

Joined Apr 14, 2017
I am Looking at this Projector.

It Says it has a Native RES. of 720 HD but can go up to 1080 HD.

If the Native RES. is 720 HD does this not Tell You it can only go up to 720 HD?

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
It can likely accept 1080 input but the display is downgraded to 720. Some 720 devices cannot handle a 1080 signal.

biferi

Joined Apr 14, 2017
I did like the Vankyo Leisure 510.

It Says the LUX is 3,600
Can You Tell Me what the RES. is for this and the Contrast Ratio?

Thanks for the Time.

biferi

Joined Apr 14, 2017
Am I Right the Vankyo Liesure 510 W has a Native Resolution of 1080 and WiFi?

There is even a PW Model or is this the same as the W Model?

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
If the lamp really lasts 100,000 hours (which I somewhat doubt) which is 11 years of continuous 24-hour/day use, then you shouldn't have to replace it in your lifetime.

And I have no idea what "sarcoma technology" is. :confused:

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Contrast ratio is the ratio of the highest luminance part of a scene (usually a test pattern) and the darkest part of the scene. This is usually measured with a Lux meter (Harold Luxenburg, a professor at Chico State University devised the Lux as a measure of illumination) or a photometer in a dark room.

Most projectors have user-changeable lamps. Think about it. You have 50 in the audience and as soon as you start your presentation the lamp stops working. The solution is to keep a replacement lamp nearby.

biferi

Joined Apr 14, 2017
Thanks to all of You for Your help.

I Live in the USA and I was Looking on Amazon for a good Projector for around $ 100 or so.

But I do want one that I will be able to Replace the Lamp after it Burns Out.

I did this with My Old DLP Projector TV.

Can anoybody give Me a Name of a Projector that will let Me Replace the Lamp?

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Can anoybody give Me a Name of a Projector that will let Me Replace the Lamp?
I would think just about any other name-brand projector with a lamp can have it replaced by the owner.
You might also consider LED projectors which have upwards of 20,000 hour life.

biferi

Joined Apr 14, 2017
I found 3. Projectors that I am Looking at.

Are any of these good?

1. Vankyo Leisure 510 W.
2. Verratek Lumavision.
3. Asakuki Avigator 455 W.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
A projector is an instrument used top produce a large image of a small object. The slide, or film, is placed behind the projector lens outside its focal length and is illuminated but a small but powerful source of light.
Why do you keep repeating the definition of a mostly obsolete type of projector? :confused:
It's like describing the operation of a Victrola for sound reproduction.
The discussion here is about a digital projector which projects an image typically from a digital LCD panel or a DLP (Digital Light Processing) micromirror device.

bassbindevil

Joined Jan 23, 2014
good Projector for around $ 100
$100 projector is unlikely to have a lamp that costs $600 to replace; I'd guess a $10 halogen bulb. The reasons to get a projector in that price range will be a need for portability and a big picture in a dark room. If that's enough, you may be better off shopping locally for used business presentation projectors. I found a 1024x768 NEC advertised for $60 just now.
If you want a genuinely good picture and bigness, look for used 1080p widescreen home theatre projectors. I found a 1080p BenQ W1070 for $350. Keep in mind that no projector can make a screen darker than the ambient light; you must have a very dark room for best performance.

update... maybe I'm being too harsh on the cheap projectors. Banggood claims to have a sale on the Blitzwolf ΒW-VP-13 projector, so I checked out some reviews.
https://www.banggood.com/5G-WIFI-Bl...ojector-for-Outdoor-Movie-Home-p-1875763.html
This guy measured the brightness at about 560 lumens, not 6000, but contrast at 1350:1 is comparable to many LCD TVs.
https://www.projectorjunkies.com/the-159-99-full-hd-projector-is-it-worth-it/
Another reviewer measured much lower contrast, and warns of poor motion compensation. That's often a flaw with low-priced displays (including LCD TVs).
https://www.laurentwillen.be/en/test-reviews/projectors-tests-reviews/blitzwolf-bw-vp13-test-review/

Remember that resolution isn't everything. Colour accuracy, uniformity, contrast, and motion artifacts are also important. Try looking at some home cinema magazines; maybe they've reviewed cheap projectors and found some that are good value for money. Home Cinema Choice, Home Cinema World, Sound & Vision. I've heard you can find pdf versions of those magazines online somewhere.

Last edited:

biferi

Joined Apr 14, 2017
I did Find this Projector the Supersonic 82P HD Projector.

I wanted to know what the Lumen Rating was so I Called the Place that was Selling it and they Looked it up and Told Me is was 200 Lumens.

This sounds very Low to Me I never See Lumens that Low I See around 6,000 Lumens.
And I wanted to know if this has a Native Resolution of 1080 can anybody help?

biferi

Joined Apr 14, 2017
I now now about Video CODECs and every one has Different Versions.

I have the JimTab M18 Pro Projector.

I have the DVD "The Dark Crystal" and I Made it into a Format the Projector can Read.

MPEG 4. Format.
H264 CODEC.
720 X 480 Display Size.
29.97 Frame Rate.
1,000 kbps Video Bit Rate.

And My Projector Says Un Supported File.

Now if I keep everything the same but I Make the Video Bit Rate 512 kbps My Projector Plays it.

I E Mailed JimTab and Asked them why the 512 kbps Video Plays?

They Told Me the Video with the Bit Rate of 512 kbps should not Play the Video with the Video Bit Rate of 1,000 kbps is the one that should Play.

They Told Me a Video Bit Rate of 512 kbps is to Low for the Projector to Play.

Can anybody help?

It is on a Micro SD Card.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
I now now about Video CODECs and every one has Different Versions.

I have the JimTab M18 Pro Projector.

I have the DVD "The Dark Crystal" and I Made it into a Format the Projector can Read.

MPEG 4. Format.
H264 CODEC.
720 X 480 Display Size.
29.97 Frame Rate.
1,000 kbps Video Bit Rate.

And My Projector Says Un Supported File.

Now if I keep everything the same but I Make the Video Bit Rate 512 kbps My Projector Plays it.

I E Mailed JimTab and Asked them why the 512 kbps Video Plays?

They Told Me the Video with the Bit Rate of 512 kbps should not Play the Video with the Video Bit Rate of 1,000 kbps is the one that should Play.

They Told Me a Video Bit Rate of 512 kbps is to Low for the Projector to Play.

Can anybody help?

It is on a Micro SD Card.
Is your microSD card too slow to support thst video codec? What, exactly does your SD card say? Not all SDCards are actually just plain old "SD". There are newer, faster, higher capacity sub-formats - SDHC, SDXC, SDUC and read mechanisms of "high speed", UHS-I to UHS-III and Express.