Project: Power Folding Mirrors

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBWunder

Joined Jan 21, 2015
Hi all, I am working on a my car which is a hobby of mine. I have decided to install power folding mirrors. I have done this on one of my previous cars which was pretty simple, however with my car now, which is way more advance, I am tackling this project. I have a couple friends helping me and I am looking for other help/assistance/advice. So here goes...

I am tackling this project using the OEM power folding switch which is a simple push button switch. The mirrors work on reverse polarity so all the switch is essentially doing is bringing the power to ground. The challenge is I have to make my own harness. I have come a long way since I have started this and am about half way to success. I am at the point where I can get the mirrors to fold in, however I cannot get them to fold out without manually reversing polarity. I have a couple friends helping me and have a circuit diagram that is the closest thing I have had to get working. I am looking for any assistance or advice. Things to change or test. Here is the diagram;

3x Auto Relay
2x 10K Resistor
1x 100K Resistor
NPN Transistor (4401)
Toggle Flip Flop (NTE) 754

I am using ACC (12V) for my power. I have an Alligator clip clipped on to my ground. The wire labeled Pin 9 is what is going to go to the switch. For testing purposes, I simply apply that wire to ground and the mirrors fold in and release the wire when the motion is complete. The outcome I'm looking for is if I was to push the button again, the polarity reverses and the windows fold open, however this is where I am stuck and nothing happens.

Can anyone help me in terms of the circuit and tell me if this is close to my desired outcome? Any input?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
The owners of All About Circuits have elected not to allow discussions of automotive electrical system modifications/enhancements due to safety concerns, the potential of legal ramifications and the possible circumvention of vehicle regulations at the state and federal level.

This thread is against the AAC forum rules, Chapter 6, as seen here:

6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will result in Your thread being closed without question:
• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
Automotive modifications
• Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
• LEDs to mains
• Phone jammers
• Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
• Transformer-less power supplies
This can be found in our Terms of Service (ToS)
Here is a site that may provide you with some assistance: Electro Tech Online

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.