Project: Information Hiding System

lapan

Joined Mar 25, 2007
hi all,

I am working on a project for the title above using matlab. For the purpose of hiding the message in the bmp/jpg image. I am using the Least Significant Bit (LSB) technique. I got a code from the internet for this purpose but it cant run very well.im trying to do it for myself but i dont know how to change the bmp/jpg image to zero out embedded bits (1011 0111 = 1011 0000)
so, can anyone please help me to solve this problem?i need the answer ASAP..please!!! :(

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
The practice of hiding information in image files is referred to as steganography. Here is a link to the wikipedia article on the subject.

There are several links at the end of the article that may be helpful in researching the topic further.

hgmjr

lapan

Joined Mar 25, 2007
hurmm..i dont need an article but i want 2 know the code of the program and how 2 generate it..can sumone give me the code?please!!!

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
hurmm..i dont need an article but i want 2 know the code of the program and how 2 generate it..can sumone give me the code?please!!!
Did you follow the links at the end of the article to see if any of them have code? The links were the purpose of the wikipedia article, not the text. Since yours is a specialized request I'm going to guess that there are no members with the code you seek.

Follow the links to FreeOTFE and TruCrypt. Open source means that you can eventually find the source code. You should have been able to figure this out for yourself.

lapan

Joined Mar 25, 2007
Hi all,
i am final year student and i got a project for the title above (also known as steganography). i need to display the cover image and need to hide the text message in the cover image. the cover image need to read in binary 8-bits, then to make it zero out of embedded 4 (from 1001 1011 bcome 1001 0000). for the secret message also need to read in binary 8-bits but it has to right shift for 4-bits (1101 0110 bcome 0000 0110).
my prob is how to convert those in matlab language?i already search in the internet but i cant found for my prob above..i really appreciate who can help me solve this prob..:(