Project idea

Lerior

Joined Jan 18, 2018
Hello,

So, I'm taking Electronics II lab this semester, and my professor suggested I do an Automotive related project for this lab, and I really need all the help and guidance I can get. So basically, the idea that my professor suggested is "A quote from my professor":

"I figured that the brake light failure is not displayed on the dashboard. Similarly, health of the other lights may remain unknown to the driver. To build a consolidated health monitoring system for the vehicle, developing a system to identify the following can help a lot.
1.Brake light failure, Head light/fog light failure, wiper failure
2.Tire pressure, seat belt securing ,
3. Air and oxygen content in the car while parked."

So, I would really appreciate any suggestions on how to start, I have never designed a complex project before; I only did basic LED stuff in the past. Any good idea will do!

Thanks,

Hello,

So, I'm taking Electronics II lab this semester, and my professor suggested I do an Automotive related project for this lab, and I really need all the help and guidance I can get. So basically, the idea that my professor suggested is "A quote from my professor":

"I figured that the brake light failure is not displayed on the dashboard. Similarly, health of the other lights may remain unknown to the driver. To build a consolidated health monitoring system for the vehicle, developing a system to identify the following can help a lot.
1.Brake light failure, Head light/fog light failure, wiper failure
2.Tire pressure, seat belt securing ,
3. Air and oxygen content in the car while parked."

So, I would really appreciate any suggestions on how to start, I have never designed a complex project before; I only did basic LED stuff in the past. Any good idea will do!

Thanks,
Yeah, I hear your angst....where to start??????????? Aieeeeeeeee [ok I am being a little bit dramatic]. Start at the beginning...your beginning...

as in some searches using words like "how does an automobile computer detect malfunctions in components" and then the invincible adding of "arduino" to the next search" and so on and so forth.

Slowly, but surely, you will start to zero in on a project......or not :)

But, it almost never works out that someone will respond "here, do this circuit" and you are all set...I know that is not what you are asking for, but you start at the beginning....your beginning. Believe it or not I really am trying to help.

Lerior

Joined Jan 18, 2018
Yeah, I hear your angst....where to start??????????? Aieeeeeeeee [ok I am being a little bit dramatic]. Start at the beginning...your beginning...

as in some searches using words like "how does an automobile computer detect malfunctions in components" and then the invincible adding of "arduino" to the next search" and so on and so forth.

Slowly, but surely, you will start to zero in on a project......or not :)

But, it almost never works out that someone will respond "here, do this circuit" and you are all set...I know that is not what you are asking for, but you start at the beginning....your beginning. Believe it or not I really am trying to help.
I appreciate your response, I surely wasn't asking for "do this circuit", I'm planning to start from the bottom, and slowly develop a circuit. Arduino is a no no in this lab as far as I know. And I have zero experience on building such things. But thanks anyway!