Programming an RF solutions Zulu Module

Mashly

Joined Apr 4, 2014
I am trying to set up a remote battery voltage checker that will radio the voltage read from the battery to a computer. I went for the ZULU module (by mistake as I should have brought the ZULU-M module) from RF Solutions, the link to the datasheet is below.

Zulu datasheet

The datasheet does not seem to say too much about how much setting up of the registers is needed (if any). Some pins (like pin 3) say they can be controlled by the registers in the easyradio pro but how would I go about setting these?

The unit says it is a plug and play unit, so does this mean I can attach an input to the Rx pin and it should send what is recieved there and if not how do I go about programming the unit i.e. have they got a way of flashing the program memory like PIC have an ICSP header for programming.

Thanks,

Mashly

Joined Apr 4, 2014
Hi bertus, thanks for your help.

Yes I saw them but would I not need to initialise the UART before I can send signals down to it?

Mashly

Joined Apr 4, 2014
Yep, I have the Si1000.pdf but it does not mention anything about how to flash the program memory (or I can't find it).

Mashly

Joined Apr 4, 2014
I have found it, I think I need to use the C2CK and the C2D pins to program the memory, but it looks like I need a programmer that I don't have.

Last edited: