Proform treadmill keeps blowing cord fuse

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Did you try a small load such as 100w lamp etc? See if the BJT hangs in.
I have only come across the Mosfet versions of the MC2100 board.
Max.

Maaty

Joined Jan 23, 2020
Max.
I will try, but i will have to wait till i get a new IGBT, did the the difference between the original one (G4PC40K), and the new one installed (G4PC50W) Can cause this issue!! Or its not related!!

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I don't see anything significant that would make a difference.
The 40 does not have the reverse diode on it, but there is a large external one.
Max.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
On second look at the reverse-engineered DWG it shows the diode across the motor, not the Mosfet/IGBT, if your model is the same, it could be making some difference in lacking the built in reverse clamp diode.
That is if the IGBT version is similar to the Mosfet DWG.
Max.

Maaty

Joined Jan 23, 2020
Max.
I will try, but i will have to wait till i get a new IGBT, did the the difference between the original one (G4PC40K), and the new one installed (G4PC50W) Can cause this issue!! Or its not related!!
On second look at the reverse-engineered DWG it shows the diode across the motor, not the Mosfet/IGBT, if your model is the same, it could be making some difference in lacking the built in reverse clamp diode.
That is if the IGBT version is similar to the Mosfet DWG.
Max.
Sorry Max,
But I didn't get it, what do you mean!!

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Mosfets and IGBT often have a reverse protection diode built in as per the IRF450 and the G4PC40K, the G4PC50W does not have one.
Max.

Maaty

Joined Jan 23, 2020
Mosfets and IGBT often have a reverse protection diode built in as per the IRF450 and the G4PC40K, the G4PC50W does not have one.
Max.
Hi, Max
Another sad story, i finally received the matched mosfet G4pc40k, after installation pressed start, started to move but in fast motion more than usual then declined, while recalibration i raised the speed to 10 without riding it then suddenly all came down, fuse blowed and mosfet got shorted, any advice, cause i started to lose hope!!