Problems with a motor control circuit- driving me nuts

MikeA63

Joined Jun 25, 2017
Hello I am trying to get a motor control circuit to work. It uses a solenoid along with a remote control and receiver to control the direction of rotation. I also use 2 limit switches and a manual switch in the project. It is basically a remote control gate for livestock which has a limit switch to stop the upwards motion and a limit switch for the down position. It also has a manual switch in case you do not have the remote. I can get the remote control to work but not with the hand switch. I have tried everything I know of but it is simply not working. We has it working with a different receiver but we had to change the receiver and remote control for a variety of reasons. This is a link to what we are making.

This is a pic of the what we had working. This was with my old remote control and receiver.

This is a pic of the new receiver which we tried to wire in the same. for some reason the hand control will not work at all.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPHiBMcMIvwt6SBzMvKUB97zsfxoQMJmlIc95Jx

If anyone is willing to give me a hand on this it would be greatly appreciated. It is very frustrating. All switches have been tested, etc.

thanks in advance
Mike

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
What are the terminals 1 _ 7 are these on the relay or the circuit board? How is the manual switch wired?

That is a wiring diagram not a proper circuit diagram.!!
Have you got the model numbers of the receiver and motor controller?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
You can delete the duplicate pictures in your second post.

Rotated clipped picture for convenience:
clip1.jpg
I can get the remote control to work but not with the hand switch.
What are the lines coming from the remote control? Show us the internals of the relay.

What type of switch are you using? Is it ON-NONE-OFF ON-OFF-ON?

Last edited:

MikeA63

Joined Jun 25, 2017
Sorry I haven't figured out how to delete the duplicates. Thanks for resizing them and rotating them. I still haven't figured out how to insert a pic without it being a large size. This is the receiver for the remote. It is model number kl-1000-6. The remote is a kl-1000-6. i am not sure of the internal layout of the solenoid. It is a RD zjsf-120-12v. Here is a pic of it as well.
. The picture is of the solonoid which goes to the winch motor NOT of the circuit board. The manual switch is a momentary switch which is on off on. It is used to control the direction of the motor rotation.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
I think your contactor is wired incorrectly. This is how I think it should be wired.

Contactor.jpg

I don't know if the remote control wiring is correct as the labels on your drawing do not tie up with the labels on the board picture. Which colour wires are the motor connections and which are the + and - supply ? On the remote control board are the limit switch connections bridged out ? As the relays on the remote control are wired to reverse the motor you will probably need a diode between each of the motor connections on the remote control board and the contactor coils as the motor connections will probably be connected to the supply negative when the relays are not energised. Also I have never heard of a "ON-NONE-OFF" switch. What is it ? (Or do you mean an "on - off - on" switch ?)

Les.

MikeA63

Joined Jun 25, 2017
The picture on the pink paper is the OLD remote which is no longer available to me. the remote we are hoping to use is pictured above. Hopefully that answers that question. The limit switches are indeed bridged out. I will send a pic here of your diagram to my electrician to see if he understands it. to be honest I do not. Thank you very much
MIke

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
Can you do the following test on the new remote receiver shown in the picture in post #6

1 With no power applied meaure the resistance between the GND terminal and each of the top two terminals (labeled "Motor" I think) in turn and report the result. I expect a very low reading. IF you don not get a low reading to the GND terminal repeat the test above but measure to the VCC Terminal.

2 With power applied to the remote receiver and no button pressed on the remote trnsmitter keyfob messure the voltage between GND and each of the top two terminals in turn. It will probably be zero volts but it may be 12 volts.

3 Press one of the two buttons on the keyfob. (I assumme one will be labled up and one down. Or something similar.) One of the top two terminal should change from 0 to 12 V (Or the other way round.) and one should not change. Release the first button and press the other button. The terminal that did not change when the first button was pressed should now change and the one that did change should not change.

Report the results. I will then be able to draw out the full schematic of how to connect things.

Les.