Motor control board problems

jigc23

Joined May 8, 2011
Hi all, I had bought a used Horizon treadmill which lasted me for about 6 months till the thing stopped working. I bought it for $300 and searching the internet about similar problems I found out the cost of the motor control board which is almost what I got the whole treadmill for. And this forum which I joined because I noticed someone had a similar problem with this type of control board. I have very basic electronics component identification and soldering skills that I'm not afraid to put to use with the appropriate guidance if provided. Thanks in advance for your help I hope not to take much time of your hands. Btw I'm all chubby again since I got an excuse not to exercise again :)

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
You're right, there have been lots of treadmill controls problems posted & solved here. You should post the model # of the treadmill & the board to get more help.

jigc23

Joined May 8, 2011
Thanks for pointing that out which I missed. The treadmill model is a Horizon elite 4.1T and I pulled these numbers from the motor control board sjed08011dg.

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
Description of the actual issue would be helpful (Be more descriptive, "stopped working" is kind of vague), Does it still power on? Do all other functions still work except for motor? etc.,clear Pictures of the control board would also help if this is to be found as the culprit, etc.....