Problem ...

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Pass this to jrap.

When using my android phone, and chrome, the forum can not be accessed via the menu or the front page. I get a 404 error.

Everything is fine using a tablet and firefox.

Everything is fine using my computer ...

However, the latest forum posts links work ok.

The link on the mobile device menu is the only one I see failing.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I hadn't been very clear.

The problem is the home page links, linking to the forum from http://www.allaboutcircuits.com using chrome on my android phone. There is no problem from the firefox browser on my android tablet ... but that doesn't have the mobile formatting, as it looks like the computer based browsers when viewing the home page. I hadn't tried those specific links with a chrome browser on my tablet, only because I haven't downloaded Chrome yet.

I hadn't had a problem prior to the "update". The 404 error (page not found) only occurs when using the links from menu or from the link titled Electronics Forum on the page. The link titled sign-up works fine. The Latest Forum Post links work fine.

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Thanks Joe. I'm having trouble replicating the error on my Nexus phone using Chrome. What version of Android are you using? With the 404 error - what is the URL in the location box? When I first launched the new design I mistakingly linked to http://forums.allaboutcircuits.com - You may have a cached copy with the incorrect link?

Rob

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
jrap,

The links work today. I have no rhyme nor reason for them to be working now after I spent a few days with them not working.

Oh well, the problem is solved.

If I recall, there was a /cgi-bin/ in the address, and not the normal forum.allaboutcircuits.com Next time I report an error, I will have all pertinent data for you.

My phone is a LG 4G LTE

There was no update to Chrome since I reported the problem.

Thanks for looking into it ...

I hadn't been to the home page on the phone until I received an error going directly to the forum. Since I don't use my phone daily for reading, I can't pinpoint the time it started failing, only that I know it was before the changeover and then after the changeover, within a day or two of me reporting it.

Last edited: