Problem with hoverboard motherboard!

Haropas

Joined Aug 16, 2019
I have a problem with my brother's hoverboard. The hoverboard is turning on but the sensors seem they don't work at all. I didn't make any changes to the motherboard and I wanted to ask if there is any way to bypass the sensors that detect the motion and send power to the wheels with a potentiometer?

so after the connectivity of the motors, battery(in the picture batery) the white port is for the sensor and probably I have to put the potentiometer there but when I did it the first time I turned everything. the black port connects directly to the motor (hall sensor) and I think it's for the information (speed etc). the other black tubes are the same as the black and white port but for the second motor. So the question is how to make the motors run without sensors but with a potentiometer.

hoverboard.jpg

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
You need to know what the motion sensor gives out, more than likely it's giving a Pulsed output.

Take pics of the motion sensor..

Haropas

Joined Aug 16, 2019
You need to know what the motion sensor gives out, more than likely it's giving a Pulsed output.

Take pics of the motion sensor..

so in the first picture are the white port connector as the previous picture and the others are some lights I think. So if you look at the photos the orange cycles sow the sensors. When you step on to the hoverboard 2 plastic plugs inserts the gap with the shape Π and the whole thing can move. basically cant... this is one of the sensors. it has two of them. When everything was connected I put myself the plastic plugs inside the gap and it just did beep beep beep ... which means the sensors work but they dont do anything. My conclusion is that the sensors detect but cant give power to the motor.

connector 1_LI.jpg connector 2.jpg

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
If they're are slotted opto couplers, then there will be a microcontroller doing the speed control, it will be comparing the pulses from these optos to a reference signal or voltage.