Problem with 433MHz (With HT12E/D included ) while using HIGH RPM Motor

Bm123456789

Joined Apr 22, 2020
Hi Every one,
this is Bhushan,

I tried to design one system in which the 433MHz (With HT12E/D included ) RF Module is also needed.
but I'm facing one major problem right now,
which is as follows.
# Hardware working fine (data transmission and reception) but when I connect HIGH RPM Motor To that hardware. And When the motor starts running, the RF Module loses communication.
# I have tried everything from my end but I have not got the result.
1.use a full-bridge Diode network to protect the circuit from back EMF.
2. increases the antenna length

but steel not found positive hope.

please help me out, friends.

Thanks,
Bhushan

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Welcome to AAC!
I would expect increasing the antenna length to make things worse, (a) because it detunes the antenna from its design optimum frequency and (b) because it might then be more effective at picking up interference.
Do you have a star ground system, so that high motor currents don't affect the Tx/Rx grounding?

Bm123456789

Joined Apr 22, 2020
Welcome to AAC!
I would expect increasing the antenna length to make things worse, (a) because it detunes the antenna from its design optimum frequency and (b) because it might then be more effective at picking up interference.
Do you have a star ground system, so that high motor currents don't affect the Tx/Rx grounding?

ok, thank you soo much for your response

I'll test it out and let you know

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
The reason is sparks on the collector if it is collector motor or contrary Hall sensor interference with antenna magnetic field if brushless motor. So, the first is to diminish the EMI output and second is to diminish an EMI input. RFirst means the magnetic ecrane over motor and more over around the motor wiring, as well the electrostatic ecrane and DM+CM filer caps and in heaviest cases with DM trafo+ CM trafo with CM caps and DM caps. Second may be solved with magnetic shield near the Hall sensor or magnetic plus electrostatic shield around the transmitter/receive, minimum from the side of motor. Plus - the earthworks tracing must be inventarisated - probably there are some loops or common paths what must both be avoided.
Third way is to condemn the AM/FM and jump to the high safety standards like Enhanced ShockBurst protocol so the NRF24L or alternatively Lora/Lora-wan (TM).

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
I just completed a project using one of those modules along with a WS2812B LED strip. The PWM frequency of the strip showed up beutufully in the output of the receiver even though I ran separate power leads to the strip and receiver. I tried an RC filter on the power to the receiver as well. The problem was only solved by using seperate supplies.

Oh, and I agree about the antenna, it should be 6.75 inches for 433MHz.

Bob

Last edited: