"Printing and Plotting of PCB files in orCAD"

mishra87

Joined Jan 17, 2016
Hello everybody,

I have a really strange problem:

Actually I am using orCAD 10 in windows 8.
I want to print layout file with actual size for manufacturing of board

I have heard the idea to do so
"try saving as a 'Postscript' file with 'print to file - *.ps file type - before then converting to *.pdf" but i do not have that particular software to do so.

Can anybody suggest me the link of printing and plotting software for orCAD files equivalent to postscript (*.ps) software.

Thanks in Advance !!!

Last edited:

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
There are also programs that allow you to print anything to PDF that you can print to paper. I use PDF995 (free). Just set it as a printer.
Current Windows versions have that capability built in. No need to install third-party programs. Just look for PDF in your list of printers.

mishra87

Joined Jan 17, 2016
According to this: https://www.ecse.rpi.edu/courses/CStudio/Orcad10.5DemoSoftware/demotut.pdf , you can create Gerber files. Then you can use a Gerber viewer to get your properly printed masks for making DIY pcb's.

There are also programs that allow you to print anything to PDF that you can print to paper. I use PDF995 (free). Just set it as a printer.

John
Thanks for your reply !!!

I know the procedure to print it but
I am not sure that where any pdf like "dopdf" will give 1-1 print which is as same as original one(i.e. *.max file) without shifting and part of PCB layouting .

That is why i wanted post script printer driver (*.ps) format file and then convert it pdf by using "dopdf" or something else

Hope you understand my point !!!

mishra87

Joined Jan 17, 2016

Attachments