Printed Circuit Board Wire Guide/Stays

Non-Sequitur

Joined Oct 27, 2014
Greetings Everyone and Merry Christmas!

Can anyone tell me if they know of any product, by anyone, that can be placed on a circuit board during manufacturing to "route" wires or provide a cable trough-like function? In other words, a way to clean up the circuit board by managing the routing of wires. Short of using Kapton tape, I considered using small test points that made no connections except to provide a loop or hole that I could use to control the routing of 24-30 AWG wires. My question is, does anyone know of PCB components that were designed specifically for that purpose? I've seen some bulky, ugly glue on things that you can cable tie your wires too. I'm looking for something more elegant. Ideas? Also considered small drops of epoxy compound. Need a very compact solution.

Thanks in advance!!!

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi NS,
If it is a semi-permanent fix to PCB, I use a spot of hot melt glue, from a glue gun.
It is possible to free up the cable, if required, by using a hot old soldering iron.
E

Non-Sequitur

Joined Oct 27, 2014
hi NS,
If it is a semi-permanent fix to PCB, I use a spot of hot melt glue, from a glue gun.
It is possible to free up the cable, if required, by using a hot old soldering iron.
E
Fantastic proposals!!!! AAC rocks! At what temp does the glue become liquid? Will it stay solid at 85C, the maximum operating temp of the components on the PCB?

Non-Sequitur

Joined Oct 27, 2014
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exactly what I was looking for, just didn't know how to describe it to Mouser's search engine. Figures it is a Harwin piece, they build some cool components.