Pr0Scan PS52690 Convergence

Grimmwulf

Joined Nov 13, 2006
I have an RCA Proscan PS52690, during a move, the green convergence got knocked out of whack. I can get the blue anbd red to overlap, but I can not get them to converge with the green. How can I manually adjust the green?

mrmeval

Joined Jun 30, 2006
What is the year of manufacture?

Check the convergence board for an unplugged connection. If that's not it you can also tap on the board gently and see if the convergence changes.

I do not think you should have to be worried about a change in the magnetic field/direction like you would with some of the CRT based TVs during a move.

http://home.comcast.net/~pond.scum/
Shows how to open the front and get to the convergence. There is a chart right next to holes in the plastic cover to access the pots. You *need* a plastic allen type tool, if you use metal you will shatter the pots.

It's a royal pain in the ass, you need a crosshatch generator or to hook up a computer generating a crosshatch.

mrmeval

Joined Jun 30, 2006
The mirror may be a mylar sheet so what gadget says might be an issue. I hate them with a passion, you can't clean them and if you make one error when removing or replacing them they are destroyed.