Power transformer winding question

Skylar Coy

Joined Apr 29, 2017
The schematic shows only the brown wires being on the primary yet, there are two other pairs of wires coming from that part of the transformer? I count a total of 11 wires in the whole transformer and that is the same in the schematic I just dont understand why some of the windings that should be on the secondary seem to be on the primary side. My other question is why on the schematic at the top of the secondary are those winding connected with a bunch of marks and then the center tap of that grounded? i know that is supposed to be grounded. yet i cant find it. I can only find one wire from the pt grounded which is a part of the bias winding. IMG_2551.JPG use tgus.jpg

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Secondary windings can exit the transformer on either side or both sides.

The four windings I see are

(Lower-left) Primary winding -no need to ground it.

(Upper-right) Tube heater windings (the "bunch of marks" are the individual heaters) -no need to ground it.

(Middle-right) Pilot light winding -no need to ground it.

(Lower right) B+ (Plate) winding and C (Bias) -yes, sooner or later this must connect to ground.

Skylar Coy

Joined Apr 29, 2017
Secondary windings can exit the transformer on either side or both sides.

The four windings I see are (

Lower-left) Primary wniding -no need to ground it.

(Upper-right) Tube heater windings (the "bunch of marks" are the individual heaters) -no need to ground it.

(Middle-right) Pilot light winding -no need to ground it.

(Lower right) B+ (Plate) winding and C (Bias) -yes, sooner or later this must connect to ground.

thanks! i didnt know about the secondary windings coming out of either side. thanks!