Power Supply for MCU

bug13

Joined Feb 13, 2012

Hello,

This is my completed digital control power supply project, any feedback are welcome.

Input: 9VAC/12VDC 1A
Voltage Output: 750mV to 9.5V, 10mV step
Current Limiting: 4mA to 800mA, 4mA step

The schematic is a modified version of this one from eevblog, and I designed the PCB and wrote the software for the project.

designed files are attached.

Attachments

Last edited:

bug13

Joined Feb 13, 2012
Mmmm I was wondering if this is a boring topic and no one want to say anything.... I was intended to share and get some feedback...

Did I do it the wrong way? :confused:

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Mmmm I was wondering if this is a boring topic and no one want to say anything.... I was intended to share and get some feedback...

Did I do it the wrong way? :confused:
You included too much information I think. Is there a question in all of this? Is it a complete project? If so I think you are going to need help with your English to make it fully understood by others.

SPQR

Joined Nov 4, 2011
A thing of beauty is a joy forever.
Congratulations on your very nice work.

I'll ask a few questions:
1. Was the PCB a one-time purchase? How much did they charge you?
2. Why did you use such a large heat sink? Powering a microcontroller usually doesn't take much power.
3. I'm going through a potentiometer phase now...what kind did you use?
4. The rest of the components look pretty standard. Did you have any that were difficult to find?

Again, very nice work!

bug13

Joined Feb 13, 2012
You included too much information I think. Is there a question in all of this? Is it a complete project? If so I think you are going to need help with your English to make it fully understood by others.
it's pretty short now, and yes it's a completed project.

Last edited:

bug13

Joined Feb 13, 2012
A thing of beauty is a joy forever.
Congratulations on your very nice work.

I'll ask a few questions:
1. Was the PCB a one-time purchase? How much did they charge you?
2. Why did you use such a large heat sink? Powering a microcontroller usually doesn't take much power.
3. I'm going through a potentiometer phase now...what kind did you use?
4. The rest of the components look pretty standard. Did you have any that were difficult to find?

Again, very nice work!
Thanks, always good to hear something nice :)

1. yes it's a one time purchase, they charged $40 for 10 PCB, so now I have 9 left.
2. I was thinking when the output is 1.8V with 800mA, (about 8W heat for the heatsink) but think again, no one need 800mA at 1.8V, silly me.
3. I thinks it's one of those 50c to $1 one, I have a few around.
4. they are just standard components you can buy from major supplier, I got mine from element14.

edit: if you are referencing to potentiometer to adjust the voltage, I am using a incremental rotary encode.

Last edited: