Power Suply

Ahmed

Joined Mar 16, 2005
I need to design power suply that gives me 12V-DC and 24V-AC with the same common i.e. with the same ground.

any body knows how ????

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
Originally posted by Ahmed@Aug 30 2005, 02:22 AM
I need to design power suply that gives me 12V-DC and 24V-AC with the same common i.e. with the same ground.
any body knows how ????
[post=10024]Quoted post[/post]​
hi ahmed,

well you can try buying a dual tap transformer if it is available (0v-12v-24v). then you rectify your 12vac to convert to 12vdc and leave your 24vac as is, yet you still have the common ground. if you can't procure it, then you just have to make your own multitap transformer according to your specs.

if ever you decide to do your own, you can check the "transformer project" for formulas in winding your own transformer.

moz

Ahmed

Joined Mar 16, 2005
ok mozikluv

i tried to the same idea, but with the common ground the bridge changes into just two diodes... so the rectifiering is half wave only ,.. ok i accept halfwave

but to smooth the voltage into dc its so difficult thats why i asked for another solution

thanks for all...

Gorgon

Joined Aug 14, 2005
Originally posted by Ahmed@Aug 30 2005, 12:53 PM
ok mozikluv

i tried to the same idea, but with the common ground the bridge changes into just two diodes... so the rectifiering is half wave only ,.. ok i accept halfwave

but to smooth the voltage into dc its so difficult thats why i asked for another solution

thanks for all...
[post=10026]Quoted post[/post]​
Hi Ahmed,
The easiest solution is to use a transformer with 2 separate windings one for 12 and one for 24 volts(or 2 transformers). You can the use a bridge rectifier on both and connect both minus outputs to make a 0V terminal.

TOK ;)