power station of sorts

Phillip Lucas

Joined Mar 13, 2017
Hey all,
so I got a dumb idea that might save a few bucks in the long run.
the issue is I am trying to install several different types of power generation.
the first is solar. I was hoping to find a solar array that was both upgrade able to infinity and had battery back up.
I also wanted to incorporate wind power, telluric current (I know its very low amps but every bit helps) and anything else that comes out.

the idea is these "renewable" forms are the PRIMARY for generating electricity.

as secondary I wanted mains supplied,

as last resort a generator will kick in. (reason generator is last is cost of petrol per kwh from supplier makes sense)

so the system needs to have about a thousand fun things. first is a real charging plant for those batteries that monitors output, keeps batteries maintained etc.

second is an automatic and "quick" switch so that items like computers won't be interrupted. I was thinking at worst put UPS on the important items

lastly is the generator that can self start when it is selected.

also having a wireless monitoring system to allow people things like checking watts, power usage, expected battery life, fuel levels, fuel used per hour etc so that they can plan increases.....

the questions I have does anyone know where to buy all these wonderful items?
and what parts need to be made as they currently don't exist?

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Telluric currents? Doubt you could get any amount of usable power there easily.

Yes. Draw your block diagram and start discarding.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Hey all,
so I got a dumb idea that might save a few bucks in the long run.
the issue is I am trying to install several different types of power generation.
the first is solar. I was hoping to find a solar array that was both upgrade able to infinity and had battery back up.
I also wanted to incorporate wind power, telluric current (I know its very low amps but every bit helps) and anything else that comes out.
Unfortunately the reality behind small scale RE power is 'saving a few bucks in the long run' rarely if ever happens.

Realistically the up front investment costs plus overall operational and upkeep costs to have any RE/AE based power systems for any modern lifestyle is almost always guaranteed to cost a person way more than any standard utility grid connection ever will unless your grid connections some very high associated costs per KWH equivalents with it.

The only way it doesn't is if you have a extraordinarily low average power usage (you can get by on a very small system) where your typical monthly utility power based energy value is below the utilities base connection fees or the connection andor per KWH costs are outrageously high.