Power source for Mini-Circuits oscillator

Gunnar H. Laier

Joined Mar 23, 2015
Hi

Anyone with mini-circuit device experience?
I got an voltage regulated oscillator with RF out, 12 DV in and carrier input (ZOS-300)
All connectors are sma, incl GND +12 V

Which power supply do you recommend? Is the device active without carrier input?

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
there is no rf input, there are two rf outputs, both sma, a tune input (1 to 16 vdc) and a couple of terminals for power,(18 volt max) if you already have a source of 12 vdc in your project, use it. if not, any supoly rated for at least 120 ma at 12 vdc will work. preferably regulated.

Gunnar H. Laier

Joined Mar 23, 2015
Thanks! Do you know, if the circuits inside the ZOS series are similar across different frequencies. Are there fundamental differences. Would I be able to use another oscillator IC inside my current device?

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
they should be similar at least ones with similar frequencies. might be some differences between lowest and highest frequency units. should all connect the same, and use the same power and tuning voltages.

waleed030

Joined Apr 4, 2015
The circuit resembles a full wave rectifier. Also can anyone elaborate on which all capacitors/inductors are short or open or reactive to these three frequency components?