Power led slot turn

T.Jackson

Joined Nov 22, 2011
You are one good technical artist mate.

I can click, click, clack things together in Protel or Circuit Maker 2000 like pretty much anyone else can do, in a time frame that's a lot quicker than you could do it in paint, but the quality isn't good without time-consuming manual intervention.

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
thanks, i will try to draw the board and send here picture to take a look
about the power suply i use 1000mA and led need 900mA is it ok to use LM317 and R9-R17 and not searching for some commercial buck puck
and second power suply for turn on/off does need to be 1000mA or can be less, i got a lot 350mA adapters, so could use one of them
The reason I used R9-17 is cost, my personal cost for ¼W resistors is 3¢ each, 2¢ if I buy quantity. The LM317 can take the current, and the case style is designed to dump heat. I figure it will handle about 8W full brightness, that is very toasty. A buck puck would draw about 300ma (the LED would still get it's 900ma), and only disappate 2W or so.

Each resistor will handle 0.104A, add up 8 identical resistors and it is 0.832A, the 18Ω resistor finishes it off.

It is a very quick and dirty method of doing this job.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
You are one good technical artist mate.

I can click, click, clack things together in Protel or Circuit Maker 2000 like pretty much anyone else can do, in a time frame that's a lot quicker than you could do it in paint, but the quality isn't good without time-consuming manual intervention.
I am also an active writer for the text book at this site, which means I'm doing illustrations for it too.

As long as it doesn't have a face or a figure, I'm good.

A lot of people do not like M/S Paint, which is OK, but there is an expression of craftsmen and their tools.