Power factor

kwb

Joined Nov 9, 2011
I need to calculate the power factor of a single phase circuit which has a phase angle of 60 degrees between the current and the voltage. Can anyone help?????:D

If q is the phase angle between the current and voltage, then the power factor is equal to the cosine of the angle. I am not sure how to use the equation and dont really understand the question.

Last edited:

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
The Homework Help section asks that you post up the work you have done so far, so we can see it and find where you went wrong, or suggest better approaches. We will not do all your work for you, no matter how little time is left before it must be submitted.

If you are in doubt about how to structure your post and what to include please read this thread: http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=3002

Thank you.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
If q is the phase angle between the current and voltage, then the power factor is equal to the cosine of the angle. I am not sure how to use the equation and dont really understand the question.
You answered your own question. Do you not know how to determine the cosine of an angle?