power electronics triac gate drive circuit

denison

Joined Oct 13, 2018
Hi all, I have not been able to post an electronic schematic file (.asc) with the text as the post thread button disappears. The text only is accepted.
It has been suggested that I try posting the schematic separately. I will try that. Does anybody know why this circuit works.
It is from a text on Power Electronics by a professor of electrical engineering at Edinburgh university in Scotland.

Marley

Joined Apr 4, 2016
With the schematic diagram showing on your screen, take a screenshot (most operating systems have an application included that does this). Save it as a jpeg or png and then post here. As an intermediate step, you may want to open the image in a image editor and crop to a smaller size before posting. This makes a smaller file-size and cuts out unwanted items in the image.

denison

Joined Oct 13, 2018
With the schematic diagram showing on your screen, take a screenshot (most operating systems have an application included that does this). Save it as a jpeg or png and then post here. As an intermediate step, you may want to open the image in a image editor and crop to a smaller size before posting. This makes a smaller file-size and cuts out unwanted items in the image.
tried the screen shot and then opened in wordpad. Then saved to documents file. Did not work in file attachment. Don't know what a jpeg or png file is. How can I save in those types of files? Always worked before with .asc file.