Potentiometer Help

lrsbt

Joined Mar 24, 2015
Hello, I have a problem I hope someone can help me with. I have a mini mig welder in which I broke the potentiometer that controls the wire feed speed. I did not see any markings on the potentometer so I replaced it and threw the old one away (big mistake). The new one is not correct as the wire feed speed is to fast in the lowest possition. The number on the poentiometer is B470K. I have tried reading up on this but I just don't understand it. Worst case scenario I spend allot of money and buy the whole circuit board with the potentiometer from the welder manufacturer. Thank you for any help

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
It is most likely going to be between 5k and 10k linear pot.
You appear that you may have used on that was >50x too big!
Also you may have used a Logarithmic instead of linear.
What make of wire feeder?
Max.

bwilliams60

Joined Nov 18, 2012
What is the make and model of the welder? Tig/Mig/Stick? I have a few connections in the welding trade and can probably get the information you need if it is common model.

lrsbt

Joined Mar 24, 2015
Hello and thank you. The welder is a Siegen mini mig 130. As it is part of the Sealey company and I called and asked them. He said it was marked with 6470K, but I can't find any that are similar. Yes I did use a linear pot and it has 3 straight pins that solder throught the circuit board. Thanks LOU