pot is attached to collector in CE config.

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
How does the pot work here?? whats the function of electrolytic capacitor in the other transistor???
I don't see any pot in your schematic. I don't see any electrolytic capacitor, either. Nor any transistor(s). Oh, wait-- that's because there's NO SCHEMATIC.

Please post a schematic diagram of your circuit; then we might be able to answer your questions.

Without one, we can't even begin to guess; we're not mind readers here.

Seema01

Joined Jan 11, 2020
It isn't getting uploaded... I've posted another question where the schematic is uploaded

Mod: merged the Posts to show the circuit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
The cap appears to be to ensure that a brief output pulse is provided when the circuit powers up.
It would help if you redraw the circuit.
1) Give each component a designator (e.g. R1), so that we can discuss the circuit more easily,
2) Rotate the image so that it appears right way up,
3) For the benefit of people with poor Internet connections, shrink the image file size by a factor of ~4.
4) Tell us what you think the circuit is intended to do.

Seema01

Joined Jan 11, 2020
The cap appears to be to ensure that a brief output pulse is provided when the circuit powers up.
It would help if you redraw the circuit.
1) Give each component a designator (e.g. R1), so that we can discuss the circuit more easily,
2) Rotate the image so that it appears right way up,
3) For the benefit of people with poor Internet connections, shrink the image file size by a factor of ~4.
4) Tell us what you think the circuit is intended to do.
The pot is used to vary the voltage fed to pwm generater...How is the pot changing the voltage when it is connected to the collector???

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
The pot can't do anything useful if the circuit is really as shown. I suspect the base and collector have been swapped over.