Possible circuit board failure

Barney90

Joined Jul 26, 2021
I have battery powered garden vac what doesn't do anything. I checked the batteries and they are good. I took the vac apart to check what can be the problem. I can't see any visible damage or problem. I thought I gonna check the switch. My idea was to remove the switch and attach the 2 wire together what's going into the switch. It's shouldn't be a problem but when I touch them together they sparkled and melted the connection.
I think something wrong on the circuit board what causes this issue but I can't figure it out.

twohats

Joined Oct 28, 2015
More info. please. Your request has been viewed 23 times.
Make & model. A picture would be nice.
Good luck...........

Barney90

Joined Jul 26, 2021
More info. please. Your request has been viewed 23 times.
Make & model. A picture would be nice.
Good luck...........
I checked the diode on the circuit board and it's seem like show the same value in both direction.
Unfortunately really hard to see the numbers on it.
The garden vac is a spear and jackson battery powered.

Attachments

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Barney,
Are those two thick Red and Black wires , top left the 12V from the battery,?? [right side image]
E

Could you post a marked up a photo, showing where the off board wiring is connected.??

Barney90

Joined Jul 26, 2021
hi Barney,
Are those two thick Red and Black wires , top left the 12V from the battery,?? [right side image]
E

Could you post a marked up a photo, showing where the off board wiring is connected.??
Thank you for your reply.
I took a better picture to see everything clearly.
It's 36v.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi B,
With the motor connected across that Diode you will get a lowish reading both ways.

Disconnect one the motor leads and measure the diode resistance both ways using a ohm meter.

Just pull one of those 0.125 inch tags off the motor.

E

Barney90

Joined Jul 26, 2021
hi B,
With the motor connected across that Diode you will get a lowish reading both ways.

Disconnect one the motor leads and measure the diode resistance both ways using a ohm meter.

Just pull one of those 0.125 inch tags off the motor.

E
I done it and both way show similar value