Please i really need Help on C Compiler using MPLAB

Ralf

Joined Mar 16, 2009
i having a project involves the development of a firmware to detect ambient temperature using a thermistor, convert the measured voltage using an analog to digital converter and display it on the 7 segment.

i totally new to this MPLAB. i just hope i get some solution on how to start my project. thank in advance for view and helping. ^.^

i using microchip model pic18f24k20

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Do you have the Microchip C Compiler installed?

MPLAB has very good documentation that can be downloaded as a PDF from the downloads area, read through them. There are a lot of items to cover.

Also, download the datasheet for the PIC you are working with, it will give you a good amount of info as well.

Ralf

Joined Mar 16, 2009
thank for help replying my post... i already install microchip c compiler and i don't really know how to get start.

here is some information but i don't know is it useful.

PIC18F24K20 - I/SO
Pin Number 3,4,5,6,7,27,28 in first LED
Pin Number 21,22,23,24,25,26,18 in 2nd LED
Pin Number 11,12,13,14,15,16,17 in 3rd LED

maybe i post a few question here:

how to i set PORTB as in INPUT or OUTPUT?
how to do a ADC?

sorry guy.. due to i really too blur.. maybe the question i ask really no link or what.. hope i really get some help from you..

once again.. thank a lot of reading and helping me solve :)

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
I don't intend to confuse you before you get started, but you could use 11 pins to run all three LED displays.

8 go to A-H lines common to all LEDS.

The three extra pins drive a transistor which turns on the LED being written to for a short time, then the transistor turns off, the data is loaded for the next digit, the transistor for that common cathode/anode is enabled, and this is repeated for the other digit. This happens hundreds of times per second, so the display looks continually lit.

Multiplexing LED Displays makes the code much easier to write, as the "data" is always written to the same pins. Another bonus is that this frees up a bunch of I/O pins.

Ralf

Joined Mar 16, 2009
ok.. i try to sort out everything and start my program.. although i still very blur. but i try will it out.. if still cannot.. i will back here posting... but if there is still any solution.. hope will be posted here.. because i really need help.. thank a lot guy who view and reply to my post..

Ralf

Joined Mar 16, 2009
CCS?? hmm.. i only know is a C compiler and i using MPLAB to do my stuff.. if i not wrong MPLAB with out C compiler u have to use assembly language but with C compiler u can use C Language to do the program right??

sorry.. i dont know do i really answer the questionu ask me.

o ya.. i have a mcc18 file after i install the C compiler CD