Please help to identify this diode.

cg120

Joined Sep 14, 2019
Need to purchase this diode to repair my Panasonic Plasma TV PSU. T2D76 is written on its body and it has a red band on one side. Tried to Google/Digi-key...etc but to no avail. Can anyone help?
It looks like that you were searching for something very close to the diode I need to replace: On my diode with red band was written: T2D37. It turned out to be a ST02D-170 from shindegen.
Although the name is different, this may help you to understand, what you're searching for:
These transient suppressors all begin with ST03D-XXX where XXX is the breakdown voltage. The ones I know of are ST03D-82, ST03D-140, ST03D-170, ST03D-200

It's a zener and a regular diode face to to face (cathode to cathode), so when you try to read it in diode mode with a multimeter it will either read open (this is good) or shorted (this is bad), or read like a regular PN diode showing 650mV or so (this is also bad). It should always read open, and will never read like a typical 650mV PN junction diode and this may throw you off.

If it reads open, this is good. To find out which one you have, put it in a test circuit across a current limited voltage (maybe 5mA), and slowly raise the voltage up from 50V to over 200VDC and determine when it starts to conduct. That's the breakdown voltage you have. It will be close to those voltages I listed.

You might assume if the T3D 54 is 170V , then the T3D 37 might be 140 or 82 VDC. This could be right, or wrong. Where you got it from (i.e. how it was used in circuit) might also help you decide what its breakdown voltage should be.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/whats-the-part-pls/msg318366/#msg318366
cg120​

Chuck Clavio

Joined Sep 10, 2019
It looks like that you were searching for something very close to the diode I need to replace: On my diode with red band was written: T2D37. It turned out to be a ST02D-170 from shindegen.
Although the name is different, this may help you to understand, what you're searching for:

cg120​
Hi, really appreciate your help with this. As I searched for this T2D76, one store from AliExpress had this comment:
upload_2019-9-19_10-20-25.png
Thanks.

Chuck Clavio

Joined Sep 10, 2019
After over a month's wait and the suspected parts have been replaced (C492 electrolytic cap, T2D76 diode
and the IC MIP3E3). Also found one bulging cap 1400uf/220v at primary side, thus replaced. Now my old TV is working again. Thank you guys for helping me save few hundred $$ sending this tv to a service center. Again, thanks to all who contributed and gave helpful and informative inputs to this thread.