Please help, technics su-v500 mk II

Faanster25

Joined Apr 26, 2020
Hi guys I'm wondering if you can help please my technics su-v500 mk II doesn't produce sound no sound..what can be the problem and what can I do pleae

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
Do the obvious first, look at fuse to see if its blown. Try another, if that blows
more serious issues.

Look at caps to see if any leaking or bulging (especially tops bulging outward) -

1587893158060.png

1587893283129.png

Using a magnifying glass look at solder joints for cracked, poorly soldered joints and touch up.

If you have a schematic, maybe in manual, and a oscilloscope start at source and walk down the chain
in the signal path to see if you can ID the stage of failure.

Regards, Dana.

Faanster25

Joined Apr 26, 2020
Do the obvious first, look at fuse to see if its blown. Try another, if that blows
more serious issues.

Look at caps to see if any leaking or bulging (especially tops bulging outward) -

View attachment 205427

View attachment 205428

Using a magnifying glass look at solder joints for cracked, poorly soldered joints and touch up.

If you have a schematic, maybe in manual, and a oscilloscope start at source and walk down the chain
in the signal path to see if you can ID the stage of failure.

Regards, Dana.
Hi Dana hope you are well I did check the whole board with a magnifying glass no cracks what soever.and no leaking electrolytes. What I can see no sure what you call them it's small blue ic's numbers R626 and R627 the colour looks brownish the once exactly like then are still nice blue those ones are also blue but brownish ? Thats all I see fuses are fine replaced them ..when I turn it on it makes a click sound all light are good except standby light doesn't work at all

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
Is there a small coin cell battery on board used to backup a micro/settings ? candidate for
replacement.

Otherwise I would start walking thru schematic, starting with power supply, as troubleshooting.

Regards, Dana.

Faanster25

Joined Apr 26, 2020
Thanks Dana will check quickly and will keep in touch I'm few minutes can u tell me must the fan switch on when powering up or when it's hot