Please help me to test Power Mosfet f3710s

UnnamedUser159

Joined May 3, 2016
It should be that
http://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/204873/IRF/IRF3710SPBF.html

The problem is...
I make a short between G and S and measure Ohms in Auto Mode and see infinity in both directions. Usually when i test mosfet i see infinity in one direction and 12-13-14 M Ohms in the other. Is that normal?

I dont see N or P and dont know what to give on Grand to make the transistor unstopped(this word i find in google translate).

Thanks in advance

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
That's an N channel. See the little arrow pointing towards the gate? A P-channel symbol shows an arrow pointing away from the gate.

I'm not sure I understand your test. Which pins are your test leads on? There should not be resistance from Source to Drain, since the body diode will conduct.

I would not attach any significance to resistance measurements above 10MΩ. That could be just about anything.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
If the meter has a diode test range then you should measured a very high resistance in one direction and one diode drop voltage in the other.

UnnamedUser159

Joined May 3, 2016
I use multimeter MS8217

What i know about mosfet testing
short G S and measure D S resistance in both directions(Ohms mode)
then going unstopped with + on G(if N) and - on S with 9V battery
Then the same measure - D and S. Will have almost 0 - 0.0000 the most cases

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
With Vgate = Vsource, the MOSFET can only conduct from S--->D via the body diode. This should show up as a voltage drop using the diode testing mode of your meter, and probably a low ohms value using the ohmmeter. It will not conduct D-->S.

With Vgate = 9V versus Vsource at 0V, the MOSFET will conduct in either direction with very low resistance, usually in the mΩ range.