Please help me to fix the mini lathe manrod mr 301.

Glayson Fernandes

Joined Sep 9, 2018
I bought a mini lathe manrod mr 301 he
fell from a height
30 cm and was so strong, stopped working but his body was run normally, the pushbutton works normal, the brushing shaft of the motor, can good.

When spinning is an account capture process, the right rpm, I check no multimeter is to be a current on the three wires of the motor, I tire the motor to make sure that they were three wires of it and it is not krein of to motor, if I knew he would call himself and test I will do this I do not know are the yellowish and brown blues, it is 220v the multimeter shows this is not the current, but when I switch on the engine start switch on clockwise When the problem is important, when you are under pressure, the problem is this circuit of photos that is not sending energy to the motor to trigger, someone know that tells me what can be? helping me fix

Attachments

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Is the red emergency button in the correct posistion?
Perhaps press it and pull it again.
Also are there no cracks on the boards?
I would look for cracks near the mounting points.

Bertus

Hymie

Joined Mar 30, 2018
Check that all electrical connections are good, and that there is not a loose wire/connector somewhere.
Also check that none of the PCB components have become detached from the PCB, especially the larger components (inductors/large resistors).

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
There will probably be two safety interlock micro switches. One will be on the cover for the belts and screwcutting gears. The other one will be operated by the chuck guard. I found a picture on the web of your type of lathe. It did not have a chuck guard but it had a lever at the chuck end of the headstock at the back that looked like it was where a chuck guard would be mounted. One of the three wires to the motor will be an earth.
The other two will go to the brushes. (It will be a permanent magnet DC motor.) You can check that the motor works by connecting it directly to a 12 or 24 volt supply (Such as a car battery.) It should rotate slowly with such a low voltage. The speed controller board looks very similar to the one in my Seig X3 mill. There is a schenatic ond other information on the controller board on my website.

Les.

Last edited:

Glayson Fernandes

Joined Sep 9, 2018
LESJONES

I do not think it is stopped by security buttons, because when this happens the yellow led indicates this, then you have to turn it off and on to work.....

today I went to do tests with my multimeter on the lathe to post in the forum and the lathe took a very small turn like it was a stride I get scared in the video 28 seconds, and take his hands soon I think it is some kind of bad contact, but I could not identify where it was from, I already removed the plaque and turned to look at the tracks and look for cracks, I did not find anything

Attachments

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
It sounded like the noise at 28 seconds into the video was a spark due to you shorting something out. I did a test on my X3 mill and found that if the interlock switch was open when power is applied the fault light does not come on. I think the interlock switches connect to the controller board via the blue wires to the two position connector at the top left of the first picture in post #1. (Just to the right of diode Z3) With no power to the lathe measure the resistance between the ends of the wires. (You do not need to disconnect them. you should be able to touch the meter test probes in the screw heads on this connector. You should get a very low resistance reading. (Less than 5 ohms.) Also make sure that the forward / reverse switch is in the Middle (off) position when the power is switched on. If power is applied with the switch in the forward or reverse position the motor will not start. If these suggestions to not fix the problem then trace out the schematic of the wiring in the lathe and post it.

Les.