Please HELP ME, Butterworth Filter Homework Question (dead line tomorrow)

pyromancer

Joined May 26, 2011
Hey guys, I am looking for some help in this question.

The question is;

"Design a lowpass filter, with cutoff frequency 1640 rad/sec. The maximum gain of the filter should be 17,44 dB, and the filter gain at angular frequency 3912 rad/sec should be no more than -23,10 dB."

I have to do it 'till tomorrow, this is very important for me please help.

Thanks!

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
You don't have much time left. You should immediately commence a design of a lowpass filter, with cutoff frequency 1640 rad/sec. The maximum gain of the filter should be 17,44 dB, and the filter gain at angular frequency 3912 rad/sec should be no more than -23,10 dB.

I suggest you start by checking your course book and any notes you took in class.

Good luck!

jegues

Joined Sep 13, 2010
I have to do it 'till tomorrow, this is very important for me please help.
Start by making an attempt at doing the design yourself. If you get stuck, post where why and what've you got so far.

Surely you weren't expecting us to do your homework for you, right?:rolleyes:

pyromancer

Joined May 26, 2011
Start by making an attempt at doing the design yourself. If you get stuck, post where why and what've you got so far.

Surely you weren't expecting us to do your homework for you, right?:rolleyes:
Of course I wasn't but I couldn't find order of filter, we use Pearson Electric Circuit as a book and when i look formula from there which is "n=(-0.05).A/log(Ws/Wp)" it doesnt work, our teacher says that wouldn't determine from there, but I cannot find. At least you can show that how i find order of filter.
thanks.