Please help identify this connector type

fringeadmin

Joined Jan 11, 2016
I have a component that I want to play with but it has a connector type that I'm not familiar with. I've tried googling given the number of pins (24) and the dimensions (7mm x 2mm) but I can't find a match that I'm confident in.

Attachments

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I have a component that I want to play with but it has a connector type that I'm not familiar with. I've tried googling given the number of pins (24) and the dimensions (7mm x 2mm) but I can't find a match that I'm confident in.
A clear photo would help. Increase the lighting in the room and use a tripod or don't drink caffeine just before taking the picture.

fringeadmin

Joined Jan 11, 2016
Thanks bwilliams60 that is pretty close, but for those fat pins on the end.

Mcgyvr, to answer your questions:

The pitch seems to be .5mm but it's difficult for me to measure something that fine with accuracy since I don't have the proper tools for it.
There are no markings of any kind except those numbers that are in the picture.
I have no mating connector. I need to find one which is why I'm trying to find out what this connector type is.

The unit that the connector is on is marked as manufactured by OED which I found with some googling last night to be a chinese manufacturer out of Guangzhou. I mailed them to see if they can help, but I'm not sure how much of a response I can expect.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Thanks bwilliams60 that is pretty close, but for those fat pins on the end.

Mcgyvr, to answer your questions:

The pitch seems to be .5mm but it's difficult for me to measure something that fine with accuracy since I don't have the proper tools for it.
There are no markings of any kind except those numbers that are in the picture.
I have no mating connector. I need to find one which is why I'm trying to find out what this connector type is.

The unit that the connector is on is marked as manufactured by OED which I found with some googling last night to be a chinese manufacturer out of Guangzhou. I mailed them to see if they can help, but I'm not sure how much of a response I can expect.
Good luck... (not sure if this link will work).. get out the calipers and narrow down
http://www.digikey.com/product-sear...t=0&page=1&quantity=0&ptm=0&fid=0&pageSize=25