Please help— identify circuit board component

Snowman312

Joined Oct 16, 2022
Hello everyone. Help someone who’s at their wits end.
I have been trying to identify this piece from a circuit board I am working on. It’s tiny about as long as a college ruled space. It’s solder on, no markings and it’s a brown shade with a red spiral stripe running down. There are 2) on the board and one measures 100ohms1BB8BE3F-6EAC-44F9-8FC4-A1CFA8A2DB4F.jpeg and the other is 330ohms.
Please help

my suspicion is a blown fuse but I do not know what to replace it with…

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Welcome to AAC!
I am going to guess that it is a resistor.
It would help if you post a photo of the entire circuit board where this belongs.

Snowman312

Joined Oct 16, 2022
Thank you for the prompt replies. It is a control board for operating an Onan diesel generator. The boards seem to be discontinuedE9FA9F9F-5AE7-4938-BDF9-29AAB4CD32A4.jpeg

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Looking at the full circuit board, it appears to be a more modern design with SMT (surface mount technology) and an MCU (micro controller unit).

Your mystery components appear in the power section of the circuit. They would either be high wattage resistors or inductors.
I see no evidence that these components are bad.

If the generator is not working properly I would suggest that you start looking for other possible faults.

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
Since this is a SMD board, I suspect those are resistors as well, considering the values you are reading. However, they may be "fusable" resistors, meant to protect some circuit in the case of some overload. But, since they read ok, that is not your issue...

metermannd

Joined Oct 25, 2020
I actually remember handling these boards when they were still within warranty, and yes, those were SMD power resistors.
Unfortunately, any support documentation I can think of that would have been of use to the TS is long gone.